Support Specialist (Level 1 Support)
This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
Have you been delivering great solutions to the market, being the best at what you do, striving to achieve the impossible? If so, you may have been BroadSigning without knowing it and we want to meet you!
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, BroadSign is currently looking for 2 Support Specialists to join its team in downtown Montreal. Deploying a digital signage network touches on many technical areas, having a strong knowledge of current hardware, multiple operating systems, networking infrastructure and content creation tools are all considered an asset for this position. If you are the type of person who has installed custom firmware on your router at home, have unlocked or installed a custom OS on your phone, have multiple computers at home that you have built running different OS’s just because it sounded like fun at the time, then this is the job for you. If you are an outgoing person who enjoys technology, if you look good in a suit but prefer wearing jeans and t-shirts, if you want a relaxed working environment where your efforts and contributions are recognised and valued, then send us your resume TODAY!
- Filter all cases (tickets) by assigning the appropriate resource or department and assigning the appropriate priority and classifications within allocated times defined in our SLA.
- Provide first level support for BroadSign Products by performing problem recognition, research, isolation and providing resolution steps.
- Although BroadSign is not responsible for issues caused by the client’s hardware, operating system or network related issues, a Support Specialist will provide assistance on these items to resolve the issue
- Researching documentation (User Manuals, Knowledge Base, public resources and bugs) to resolve tier 1 issues
- Record and/or maintain accurate information within ticketing system.
- Interface directly with customers, through the ticket system and on phone, to ensure issues are resolved within the allocated times defined in our SLA.
- Interface with Technical Specialist (Tier 2) to escalate any issues that may not be resolved by a Support Specialist.
- Follow documented procedures to properly filter cases and escalate issues to Technical Specialists.
- Perform scheduled monthly calls with customers to review open items and update customers on upcoming events
- Document all interactions with customers
- Report to the Service Manager and perform any other related tasks as requested
- College diploma or university degree in an IT related field
- Minimum 2 years experience working with LINUX operating systems
- Fundamental understanding of computer, networking and display hardware
- Knowledge of various content types from images, video, flash and html files
- Knowledge of SQL commands and experience working with databases
- Demonstrated programming skills, experience debugging codes using tools such as WinDBG and GDB is a real asset
- Excellent written and spoken English and French skills (other language an asset)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Self-reliant, analytic with strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with little supervision and perform under pressure
Schedule (Based on rotation when necessary)
Candidates must be able to work the following shifts (Monday-Friday)
- 9 am to 6 pm
- 3 am to 11 am
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Professional, creative working environment located downtown Montreal
- Vacation package + holiday season
- Tons of benefits including insurance coverage
- Work Life balance and flexible hours
- Free hot beverages, group lunches and team events
BroadSign is the first global provider of cloud-based software for digital signage networks. Its platform was designed exclusively as a management system for media companies operating digital out-of-home and digital place-based media networks, giving them an unlimited capacity for growth without adding personnel. After over a decade in the industry, BroadSign’s latest incarnation, BroadSign X, has become a mature and reliable fit for all digital signage software needs and its Android-based smart player, BroadSign Xpress, has decreased the cost of deploying digital signage compared to PC-based hardware alternatives. BroadSign’s constant growth, extensive network and dedication to predicting and responding to industry trends make its digital signage solutions a safe bet for the future of networks with even the most complex of requirements.
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted**