Support Specialist (Level 1 Support)
This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
BroadSign is the first global provider of cloud-based software for digital signage networks. Its platform was designed exclusively as a management system for media companies operating digital out-of-home and digital place-based media networks, giving them an unlimited capacity for growth without adding personnel. After over a decade in the industry, BroadSign’s latest incarnation, BroadSign X, has become a mature and reliable fit for all digital signage software needs and its Android-based smart player, BroadSign Xpress, has decreased the cost of deploying digital signage compared to PC-based hardware alternatives.
BroadSign’s constant growth, extensive network and dedication to predicting and responding to industry trends make its digital signage solutions a safe bet for the future of networks with even the most complex of requirements. We are currently looking for 3 Support Specialists to join our team in our downtown Montreal office. Deploying a digital signage network touches on many technical areas, having a strong knowledge of current hardware, multiple operating systems, networking infrastructure and content creation tools are all considered an asset for this position. On top of these technical abilities, social skills are extremely important to effectively communicate with clients and other team members in order to address issues and outline solutions.
If you are the type of person who has installed custom firmware on your router at home, have unlocked or installed a custom OS on your phone, have multiple computers at home that you have built running different OS’s just because it sounded like fun at the time, then this is the job for you. If you are an outgoing person who enjoys technology, if you look good in a suit but prefer wearing jeans and t-shirts, if you want a relaxed work environment where your efforts and contributions are recognized and valued, then send us your resume.
- Filter all cases (tickets) by assigning the appropriate resource or department and assigning the appropriate priority and classifications within allocated times defined in our SLA
- Provide first level support for BroadSign Products by performing problem recognition, research, isolation and providing resolution steps
- Although BroadSign is not responsible for issues caused by the client’s hardware, operating system or network related issues, a Support Specialist will provide assistance on these items to resolve the issue
- Researching documentation (User Manuals, Knowledge Base, public resources and bugs) to resolve tier 1 issues
- Record and/or maintain accurate information within ticketing system
- Interface directly with customers, through the ticket system and on phone, to ensure issues are resolved within the allocated times defined in our SLA
- Interface with Technical Specialist (Tier 2) to escalate any issues that may not be resolved by a Support Specialist
- Follow documented procedures to properly filter cases and escalate issues to Technical Specialists
- Perform scheduled monthly calls with customers to review open items and update customers on upcoming events
- Document all interactions with customers
- Report to the Service Manager and perform any other related tasks as requested
- College diploma or university degree in a related field, however equivalent experience is taken into consideration
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Fundamental understanding of computer, networking and display hardware
- Knowledge of various content types from images, video, flash and html files
- Good knowledge of SQL commands
- Knowledge of Android Operating systems
- Excellent written and oral English skills with a good knowledge of French (other languages are also considered an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with technical and non technical people
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Self- motivated, fast learner, analytical with strong troubleshooting skills
- Interest in learning new technologies (tech savvy)
- A GSD (Get Stuff Done) attitude
Schedule (Based on rotation when necessary)
Candidates must be able to work the following shifts (Monday-Friday)
- 9 am to 6 pm
- 1pm to 9pm
- 3 am to 11 am
The company offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation, sick days and a great work environment located downtown Montreal (Quebec, Canada).
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted**