Programmatic Technical Specialist
Here we grow again… We’re currently looking for a Programmatic Technical Specialist to join our Services team in Europe.As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, Broadsign is currently looking for one Programmatic Technical Specialist to join its Client Services team. Deploying a digital signage network touches on many technical areas, having a strong knowledge of current hardware, multiple operating systems, networking infrastructure and content creation tools are all considered an asset for this position. Have you installed a custom firmware on your router at home? Have you unlocked or installed a custom OS on your phone? Do you own multiple computers that you have built running different OS’s just because it sounded like fun? If so, this is the job for you!
Your day to day will vary but your mission is simple:
- Provide any technical assistance required by our Programmatic team and customers using our Reach product. Including but limited to on boarding customers, creating reports, troubleshooting and developing internal tools.
- Determine workarounds (if possible) to any issues that are determined to be bugs
- Attempt to reproduce customer issues in different environments, such as different operating systems or even different versions of Broadsign Products
- Interface with Developers to escalate software bugs found in a Broadsign Product
- Interfacing with Product Design to influence our product roadmap
- Ensure that resolutions are dealt in accordance with service level agreements
- Provide assistance to Product Specialists (Sales Support) in advanced configuration of the Broadsign Solution
- Validate bug fixes for issues that have been reported by customers
Of course, if this role to speaks to you, you’re someone who has:
- Strong database knowledge to be able to create, maintain and query databases. Preferable knowledge in Postgres.
- Strong scripting experience to be able to link products via API calls.
- College diploma or university degree in an IT related field (equivalent experience is taken into consideration)
- Thorough knowledge and minimum 2 years experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems (familiarity with Linux command line, experience with Linux servers or troubleshooting issues on Linux, etc)
- Thorough understanding of computer, networking and display hardware
- Strong knowledge of various content types from images and video
- Demonstrated programming skills, experience in software development or sharing responsibilities with developers is a true asset
- Understanding of Programmatic advertising is an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French skills (other languages are an asset)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and perform under pressure
- Highly motivated, fast learner, analytic with strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Canada when necessary
But, more importantly, you’re the kind of person who:
- Loves to see a project through from beginning to end
- Enjoys challenging themselves and constantly learning about new tech
- Likes to have your ideas heard and contributions recognized
- Wants access to continuous learning and career development by attending sponsored conferences & seminars with your peers
- Wants to benefit from perks such as: competitive insurance package, RRSP plan, tons of fun company events (tubing, BBQs, go-karting, health & diversity week, etc.), paid time off during the holidays and a healthy work/life balance
- Enjoys laughing and having fun at work – especially when you’re partaking in a foosball tournament
- Likes to dress casually
- Loves coffee, beer, croissants, bagels and fruits – especially when they’re free!