Software Quality Assurance Analyst
This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, Broadsign is currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join its team. If you love working in a nascent and growing industry where ideas can quickly flow into actions, if you are looking for a great working environment surrounded by passionate individuals in the IT field, then we want to meet you!
Reporting to the QA Team Lead, you will be tasked with assuring the highest level of quality for the exciting new products we bring to market. You will be working in a dynamic, peer-driven environment where you will play with all the latest and greatest hardware and software.
As a member of an agile development team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform test cases for both desktop and web-based applications
- Write test cases as per developer specifications
- Execute and analyse automated test results when necessary
- Participate in efforts to constantly improve processes
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and retrospective meetings
- Strong understanding of the Windows and Linux operating systems
- Good understanding of networking
- Good troubleshooting skills at a system level (Linux)
- Experience in running software test cases and writing test cases (an asset)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and ability to learn quickly
- Above all, a strong desire to learn about new technologies
- Knowledge of Test case automation tools (Squish – Selenium)
- SQL knowledge
- Ability to write shell scripts
- Knowledge of WinDBG or GDB
- Automation experience considered a strong asset (Python)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Creative, fun and open-concept working environment located downtown Montreal (right above Montreal Central Station, with indoor access to Bonaventure/McGill Metro)
- Casual dress code
- Vacation package + paid time-off during holiday season
- Insurance coverage & RRSP employer contribution
- Work-Life Balance
- Free hot beverages, monthly group lunches, release parties and 5 à 7’s
- Numerous company events (Health week, Diversity Week, Kid’s Day, etc.)
- Video game consoles – Foosball table & competitions
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
We believe in a world where bold creativity inspires bright ideas. Where screens drive growth, build excitement and prompt innovation. Where digital interactions inspire conversations and connect communities. Where digital and real-life experiences collide.
Lighting up airports, shopping malls, health clinics, street corners and more, our platform powers screens at the heart of people’s lives.
We’re a place for people who envision a better digital future and our team isn’t afraid to embark on ambitious challenges to change the status quo. Join us on our mission to light up the world one screen at a time.
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted**