System Administor / DevOps – Internship
This position is located in downtown Montreal, QC.
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, BroadSign is currently looking for a strong DevOps intern to join its IT team. If you love working in a nascent and growing industry where ideas can quickly flow into actions, if you are looking for a great working environment surrounded by passionate individuals in the IT field, then we want to meet you!
- Understanding all aspects of BroadSign’s server-side code and production infrastructure
- Working with the development team to improve performance and stability
- Assist in deployment, monitoring and maintenance in our global hybrid public/private cloud
- Assist with day-to-day server maintenance and administration related operations (both physical and virtualized)
- Assist with proactive system monitoring, performance and security testing
- Assist with Network Administration (Topology Design, Implementation, Security, Performance, Monitoring)
- Document and automate installation and deployment steps and operational workflows
- Studying towards a Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Exposure to C++; additional languages are an asset
- Networking experience
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems, ideally with Ubuntu; previous experience as Linux/Unix administration is a real asset
- Knowledge of shell scripting for automation of routine tasks and knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of server hardware; hands on experience with IBM server line would be an asset
- Constant learner and able to remain calm when dealing with crisis
What We Offer:
- Discover how a software-as-a-service company operates
- A chance to gain hands-on experience in various areas of system administration
- Creative, fun and open-concept working environment located downtown Montreal (right above Montreal Central Station, with indoor access to Bonaventure/McGill Metro)
- Competitive salary
- Casual dress code
- Regular events such as 5 à 7’s, outdoor activities, LAN parties and board gaming nights
- A cafeteria with video game consoles, a foosball table and beer on tap
BroadSign is an ad tech company that provides cloud-based software to digital signage and digital out-of-home media owners and operators. Enabling the effective management of dynamic content across complex global networks, BroadSign powers over 120,000 displays in venues such as airports, shopping malls, health clinics and cinemas.
BroadSign’s automated, scalable and secure workflow includes the BroadSign Core CMS for content distribution, playback and proof of performance, BroadSign Serv Direct for sales inventory availability and proposal generation, and BroadSign Serv SSP for exposure to new buyers through a customized programmatic DOOH solution.