This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, Broadsign is currently looking for a System Administrator to join its team in downtown Montreal. Broadsign’s System Administrator will have a passion for system and network design, administration and troubleshooting. They will be responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining company servers and network infrastructure, and plan for and respond to service outages and other problems, as needed. They will thrive in a fast-paced team environment, challenge the status quo and have a strong ability to work under pressure, be dependable and trusted with critical information.
- Monitor the performance of production systems, diagnose and solve detected performance problems
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Help implementing control processes to prevent interruptions of services
- Take part in the process of improvement of company system architecture and conception of new and innovative solutions for our production environments
- Work alongside different teams to continuously improve our processes
- Monitor backup operations and their availability
- Maintain the documentation of infrastructure and systems configuration
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a System Administrator
- Extensive experience with Linux servers
- 2+ Years of experience with PostgreSQL required
- 1-2+ Years of experience with configuration management tools such as Chef
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Postgresql, Bind, Postfix, Apache, Proftd, GlusterFS etc.
- Advanced knowledge of scripting within a Linux environment (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- A solid understanding of networking (routing concepts, configuring and securing a network)
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Based environment (AWS)
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of Docker
- Capable of being autonomous and working independently
- Strong problem solving skills with a strong interested in continuous improvement
- Ability to be available after hours and on weekends
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Creative, fun and open-concept working environment located downtown Montreal (right above Montreal Central Station, with indoor access to Bonaventure/McGill Metro)
- Casual dress code
- Vacation package + paid time-off during holiday season
- Insurance coverage & RRSP employer contribution
- Work-Life Balance
- Free hot beverages, monthly group lunches, release parties and 5 à 7’s
- Numerous company events (Health week, Diversity Week, Kid’s Day, etc.)
- Video game consoles – Foosball table & competitions
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
We believe in a world where bold creativity inspires bright ideas. Where screens drive growth, build excitement and prompt innovation. Where digital interactions inspire conversations and connect communities. Where digital and real-life experiences collide.
Lighting up airports, shopping malls, health clinics, street corners and more, our platform powers screens at the heart of people’s lives.
We’re a place for people who envision a better digital future and our team isn’t afraid to embark on ambitious challenges to change the status quo. Join us on our mission to light up the world one screen at a time.
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted**