Technical Specialist (Level 2)
This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, Broadsign is currently looking for one (1) Technical Specialist to join its Client Services team in downtown Montreal. Deploying a digital signage network touches on many technical areas, having a strong knowledge of current hardware, multiple operating systems, networking infrastructure and content creation tools are all considered an asset for this position.
Have you installed a custom firmware on your router at home? Have you unlocked or installed a custom OS on your phone? Do you own multiple computers that you have built running different OS’s just because it sounded like fun? If so, this is the job for you!
- Provide second level problem isolation and resolution for Broadsign Products
- Determine workarounds (if possible) to any issues that are determined to be bugs
- Attempt to reproduce customer issues in different environments, such as different operating systems or even different versions of Broadsign Products
- Interface with Developers to escalate software bugs found in a Broadsign Product
- Provide assistance to Support Specialists (Level 1 Support) to isolate and resolve issues
- Ensure that resolutions are dealt in accordance with service level agreements
- Provide assistance to Product Specialists (Sales Support) in advanced configuration of the Broadsign Solution
- Validate bug fixes for issues that have been reported by customers
- Update and maintain knowledge bases entries
- Assist Support Specialists on customer’s monthly calls when necessary
- Report to the Service Manager and perform any other related tasks as requested
- College diploma or university degree in an IT related field (equivalent experience is taken into consideration)
- Thorough knowledge and minimum 2 years experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems (familiarity with Linux command line, experience with Linux servers or troubleshooting issues on Linux, etc)
- Thorough understanding of computer, networking and display hardware
- Strong knowledge of various content types from images, video, flash and html files
- Demonstrated programming skills, experience in software development or sharing responsibilities with developers is a true asset
- Experience working with databases, SQL queries and debugging codes using tools such as WinDBG and GDB is a must
- Knowledge of Android Operating systems
- Excellent written and spoken English and French skills (other languages are an asset)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and perform under pressure
- Highly motivated, fast learner, analytic with strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Canada when necessary
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Creative, fun and open-concept working environment located downtown Montreal (right above Montreal Central Station, with indoor access to Bonaventure/McGill Metro)
- Casual dress code
- Vacation package + paid time-off during holiday season
- Insurance coverage & RRSP employer contribution
- Work-Life Balance
- Free hot beverages, monthly group lunches, release parties and 5 à 7’s
- Numerous company events (Health week, Diversity Week, Kid’s Day, etc.)
- Video game consoles – Foosball table & competitions
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
We believe in a world where bold creativity inspires bright ideas. Where screens drive growth, build excitement and prompt innovation. Where digital interactions inspire conversations and connect communities. Where digital and real-life experiences collide.
Lighting up airports, shopping malls, health clinics, street corners and more, our platform powers screens at the heart of people’s lives.
We’re a place for people who envision a better digital future and our team isn’t afraid to embark on ambitious challenges to change the status quo. Join us on our mission to light up the world one screen at a time.
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted**