Senior Web Developer (full-stack)
This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, Broadsign is looking for a well-rounded Web developer to join our development team. If you relish the opportunity to work in a growing industry where ideas can quickly flow from concept to commercialization, then this is the position for you. We are looking for polymaths – developers who aren’t pigeon-holed into a single technology silo, but rather have broad range of experience across many areas and a deep desire to expand their skill set. You will be working in a dynamic, peer-driven environment where you will play with all the latest and greatest hardware and software. Your talent will be put to good use in assuring the highest level of quality for the exciting new products we bring to market.
As a member of an Agile development team reporting to the Web Team Lead, your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Designing and developing new features on both the front-end and back-end of Broadsign’s software suite
- Maintaining the existing feature set
- Participating in the code review process with your peers
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with your peers
- Strong knowledge of CSS
- Experience with React considered a strong asset
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Strong investigative and debugging skills
- Strong Linux platform knowledge
- 5 years of software development experience (with strong knowledge of Python)
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Ability to think outside the box, learn quickly and work in a team
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and overall passion for technology
- Fully Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
Other Valuable Skills:
- Experience with web servers and server-side technologies (nginx, Apache, Redis, etc.)
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Good knowledge of at least one modern JS framework
- Familiarity with code repositories
- Knowledge of image editing software
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Creative, fun and open-concept working environment located downtown Montreal (right above Montreal Central Station, with indoor access to Bonaventure/McGill Metro)
- Casual dress code
- Vacation package + paid time-off during holiday season
- Insurance coverage & RRSP employer contribution
- Work-Life Balance
- Free hot beverages, monthly group lunches, release parties and 5 à 7’s
- Numerous company events (Health week, Diversity Week, Kid’s Day, etc.)
- Video game consoles – Foosball table & competitions
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
We believe in a world where bold creativity inspires bright ideas. Where screens drive growth, build excitement and prompt innovation. Where digital interactions inspire conversations and connect communities. Where digital and real-life experiences collide.
Lighting up airports, shopping malls, health clinics, street corners and more, our platform powers screens at the heart of people’s lives.
We’re a place for people who envision a better digital future and our team isn’t afraid to embark on ambitious challenges to change the status quo. Join us on our mission to light up the world one screen at a time.
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted**