- We provide a short video introducing the features of our docs. See Broadsign Documentation in MadCap Flare.
- Images are thumbnails. To embiggen, click the image.
- Search is based on keyword. Ex: "Proposals"
- Do not search with natural language. Ex: "How do I create a proposal?"
- For release notes and highlights (past and present), see Release Highlights.
- Broadsign provides docs for many of the latest versions of its products. For older documentation, see Docs Archives.
Configuration Profiles - Edge Servers
On this page, we describe the settings available for an edge server’s configuration profile.
- For more information about Broadsign's edge servers, see Broadsign Control Edge Server.
- For more information about edge servers as resources, see Edge Servers (Resource).
- To see similar settings for players, see Configuration Profiles - Players.
Note: Configuration profile properties for edge servers are quite different than those for players.
Configuration profiles are collections of settings pertaining to a particular range of Broadsign Control Products versions. For example, you may have three separate edge servers in your network, each of different versions. If you want to assign configuration profiles to them, you need to create a separate profile for each edge server version. In this case, you would have three configuration profiles.
To add a profile to a configuration, see Create a Configuration.
To access a configuration profile's properties, see Network Operations Tutorial - Create a Configuration.
The properties of an edge server configuration profile contain the following sections:
The Bandwidth Tab
You can control whether or not the edge server should report back to Broadsign Server the bandwidth used in transferring files to players.
Normally, if you manage your own edge server, that bandwidth is at your own expense and you do not want to report that bandwidth usage back to the server. However, in closed networks or when Broadsign manages the edge server, the bandwidth should be reported and tallied for billing purposes.
- Poll Frequency: The frequency with which Broadsign Control Edge Server will poll Broadsign Server. You can configure Poll Frequency in minutes.
- Downloads: Broadsign Control Edge Server can throttle the speed at which it downloads ad copies. You can configure the throttle rate in KB/s.
The Clock Tab
Enabling this option will allow the system to automatically correct its local clock when it falls out of sync with the server's time.
The Disk Tab
Broadsign Control Player can automatically manage its disk space by either using a specific cache size, or by keeping its disk usage under 85% capacity.