- We provide a short video introducing the features of our docs. See Broadsign Documentation in MadCap Flare.
- Images are thumbnails. To embiggen, click the image.
- Search is based on keyword. Ex: "Proposals"
- Do not search with natural language. Ex: "How do I create a proposal?"
- For release notes and highlights (past and present), see Release Highlights.
- Broadsign provides docs for many of the latest versions of its products. For older documentation, see Docs Archives.
Broadsign provides many properties and settings you can configure that will impact your whole domain.
Note: Domain properties differ from options (see Options) in an important way: application options affect your local install only, while domain properties affect all installations that access your domain.
Warning: Exercise caution when changing domain properties, as its impact can be far-reaching.
In the General section of the domain properties, you will find the following:
- General: Here you can see the Domain ID and name, and the option to make the domain active or inactive.
- Network: Here you can specify the default network operator for the domain. Generally, the default operator will receive notifications for any incidents that occur on the network. Select from among your list of contacts. See Contacts.
- IP Whitelist: If you enable this feature, only users (see Users) that connect from the IP addresses you provide will be able to log on to Broadsign Control Administrator or call Broadsign Control API.
In the Settings section of the domain properties, you will find the following:
- Monitoring: Here you specify the incident thresholds associated with the domain. For more information, see Incident Thresholds.
- Contacts: Here you can specify contact information for this resource. For more information, see Contacts.
- Edge Servers: Here you will find the edge servers associated with your domain. For more information, see Edge Servers (Resource).
- Language: Here you can add or remove language packs, as well as define the default language for the domain. For more information, contact Broadsign Services.
- User Defaults:
- Security: Here you can specify the password complexity rules for users.
- User Settings: Here you can specify a few settings for Campaign Wizards, and drag and drop operations.
- Impressions: Here you can change the default number of impressions per hour for the day parts in your display unit. For more information, see Day Parts Properties.
- Underestimate Margin: Planned repetitions and impressions are calculated based on a best case scenario and, as such, underperformance is possible. To counter this, here you can adjust the estimations by underestimating them with a specific margin.