This section contains the complete release notes for all releases of Broadsign Publish.
- We fixed some minor translation issues.
- We fixed an error preventing users from deleting screens.
Forgot your login password? We added a “I forgot my password” link to help you reset it. See Reset Password.
- Users can now delete their own content without any special permission but are prevented from deleting their folders if content from others are in (requires “assets | can delete content” permission).
- Permission to access all messages from a shared screen is now fixed (can access player messages).
- Content approvers do not require the “admin” access to be able to approve or reject content anymore.
We have added two new permissions:
“assets | can change content” allows a user to rename and delete content that was shared with them. It also allows create folders under a shared folder structure.
“assets | can delete content” allows a user to delete content.
See Assets Permissions.
Fixed an issue where content added by a user could be hidden from the group manager.
HTML templates with image upload now respect PNG transparency.
HTML templates with more than one customizable image slot now display the selected image independent from one another.
- Added a “Waiting for approval” filter for the library content. See Approve or Reject Content.
- Network operators can now filter messages by user / user groups. See Filter Messages.
- Email notification will be sent to the moderators for content approval. There is a hyperlink in the email to navigate directly to the approval page. No more need to search for the contents needing approval! See Approve or Reject Content from Email.
- Native Broadsign Play support in Broadsign Publish (Media such as video and audio will start playing once the playback starts, instead of at prebuffer time). See Modify the HTML5 Template.
- Message key information can now be viewed on any message list.
- You can limit the maximum message duration for a domain in the domain settings. See Set the Maximum Message Duration.
- You can set a Broadsign Control Administrator folder for Broadsign Publish creatives. See Define the Broadsign Control Ad Copy Folder ID.
- A new feature to impersonate other managed users is now available. Use this feature to guide your users or just to verify the user is correctly set up before giving them access. See Impersonate a User.
- You can now include and allow selection of an audio file to play from a template. See Modify the HTML5 Template.
- You can now include and allow users to pick and crop an approved image to use that is not already included in a template.
- Don’t want a message to play on a screen anymore? You can remove it from the screen view. See Remove a Message from a Screen.
- Unregistered screens are now automatically removed from messages.
- Added better folder, screen, and content management, such as move, rename, delete and create.
- Now you can select different images included in the template when creating messages.
- We show more messages information such as dates and screens targeted.
- You can now see what is playing on a specific screen by clicking it. See See What is Playing on Your Screen.
- Organize your domain access by sharing content and screen access to group of users or specific persons. Contents have “Waiting for approval”, “Approved” and “Rejected” states now. You can reject or approve contents in the preview page.
- Assign the approval permission to users so they can approve or reject contents. See Define Groups and users Management.
- You can now specify users or groups that need their contents approved by an approver.
- New permission to access all of the messages from a screen. This permission will automatically be added to users that had access to the players loops in Creator. See Screen Permissions.